- Isolation Booths (12)
Studio Acoustic Foam Treatment (158)
- - Acoustic Foam Panels (32)
- - 12" Acoustic Foam Tile Packs (12)
- - Acoustic Foam Tiles (42)
- - Melamine Acoustic Foam (17)
- - Bass Traps (10)
- - Acoustic Ceiling Tiles (3)
- - Acoustic Floor Tiles (3)
- - Isolation Equipment (7)
- - Acoustic Tile Kits (16)
- - Bass Trap Kits (4)
- - Starter Kits (8)
- - Installation Tools (1)
- - Discounted Items (3)
- Cinema & Listening Room Acoustics (17)
- Office Acoustics (46)
- Soundproofing Products (58)
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound, Carton of 12
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound
Carton of 12
What Are The Benefits?
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is a unique visco-elastic damping compound. It is designed to be installed between two sheets of acoustic plasterboard to increase the acoustic performance of a standard stud. It can also be used retrospectively to existing walls to reduce noise levels coming in the room and leaving out of the room. It is a product which is rapidly growing in popularity with new builds and renovations and is a very cost effective soundproofing solution.
The compounds unique properties act as a damping material to dissipate vibrations caused by sound waves as they travel through walls, ceilings and floors. Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is a non-hazardous, environmentally- responsible, almost odour free solution that gives you complete peace of mind.
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound can be used in domestic properties, home cinemas, home studios, DIY and construction projects. It is an easy to use product, you can apply and treat a sheet of plasterboard in under 2 minutes. It is also easy to handle when compared to heavy rolls of Mass Loaded Vinyl. Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound has an extremely low viscosity making it easy apply with an applicator gun. The low viscosity ensures that when the compound is compressed it spreads to form a complete film of sound isolation.
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is is used between two sheets of any commonly used building material such as acoustic plasterboard and effectively eliminates up to 90% of noise transfer from one room to the other. Green Glue has had over 7 years of proven use and is highly recommended for new construction, renovation projects and DIY use.
12 tubes of Green Glue will cover 18sqm or 6 sheets of 1.2m by 2.4m plasterboard.
Green Glue works by raising the mass of a structure, this in turn lowers the resonance point, by combining these helps to reduce the levels of vibration that are transmitted into the wall or ceiling. Typlical values show that when Green Glue is used in conjunction with steel stud partition you will achieve a 8dB increase in Rw and an Rw-Ctr increase of 9dB over a standard steel stud install.
What Are The Key Features?
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound has been proven to work in conjunction with the following materials
- Plasterboard - Stand and acoustic plasterboard
- Wood Products - Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF), Oriented Strand Board (OSB), and plywood for applications such as floors, soffits, seating risers in home cinemas, stages and loudspeaker cabinets.
- Insulation - Common building mineral wool or fibreglass works well.
- Mass Loaded Vinyl - MLV and other limp mass products such as our soundproofing mat can be used in conjunction with Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound.
- Steel Stud Walls - Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound performs extremely well with steel stud walls.
What Is The Installation Method?
- Prepare for application
- Apply Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound
Apply Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound in a random pattern across the entire back of the second sheet, leaving a 2”-3” border free of compound around the edge to allow for handling.
- Raise Plasterboard into position
After applying Noiseproofing Compound to the plasterboard sheet, raise the board into position, press against the wall or ceiling, and fasten into place using appropriate screws. It must be hung and fastened in place within 15 minutes to prevent the compound from curing before it is installed.
- Attach Plasterboard
Follow all appropiate local building codes regarding screw type and spacing.
What Are The Technical Details?
|Product Name||Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound|
|Product Description||Visco-elastic damping compound|
|Quantity Of Tubes Per Box||12|
|Area Covered Per Box||18sqm or 6 Sheets of 1.2m x 2.4m Plasterboard|
|Price Per Box||£165.60 inc. VAT|
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: